Join Our Team
TASTING COUNTER… because working in a restaurant should be part of your life, not consume it!
As a growing company, we continually seek team members who are passionate about food, share our vision for innovation, and strive to provide guests with a remarkable dining experience.
Flexibility is built into the restaurant to maximize potential of all staff. With all-inclusive tickets instead of reservations, there is no tipping, which allows for competitive hourly rates beyond typical restaurant wages. With no front and back-of-house distinction, constant cross-training creates seamless lateral movement within the restaurant, keeping things interesting and fresh!
Tasting Counter is looking for a Pastry Production Coordinator to join our team. We are seeking a qualified individual interested in working in a restaurant with a unique tasting menu concept. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable and experienced with “from-scratch” dessert production, including pastries, breads, custards, ice creams/sorbets, candies, and chocolates. Your ability to self-motivate, assist in conceptualizing new dishes for our constantly evolving menu, love for seasonal ingredients, and ability to work with a small, closely knit team is paramount. If you are focused, determined, versatile, and committed to quality with the highest attention to detail, Tasting Counter is the ideal place for you.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Complete understanding of “from-scratch” baking/pastry and ice cream/sorbet production.
- Must be precise, detail-oriented, and have developed technical skills.
- Work with executive chef and kitchen management team to execute new plated desserts and various small bites (hors d'oeuvres / mignardises).
- Experiment, test, update, organize, and manage new and existing recipes.
- Consistently maintain a clean, organized, and sanitary work station.
This is a creative and production based position that will be responsible for the production of all plated desserts and various small bites. Benefits to this position include the opportunity to manage your own schedule, removing you from a typical restaurant environment, allowing you to grow with a team that fosters individuality and creativity. This position could be full-time/salaried or a part-time/consultant based opportunity and may be built around the right candidate.
- Requirements: minimum of at least 2 years combined previous experience in fine dining restaurants.
- Compensation: depending on experience.
- Benefits: prorated paid vacations, semi-annual raises, performance-based bonuses, paid sick/personal days, retirement fund matching, healthcare reimbursement.
Fill the form to apply.