Join Our Team
TASTING COUNTER… because working in a restaurant should be part of your life, not consume it!
As a growing company, we continually seek team members who are passionate about food, share our vision for innovation, and strive to provide guests with a remarkable dining experience.
Flexibility is built into the restaurant to maximize potential of all staff. With all-inclusive tickets instead of reservations, there is no tipping, which allows for competitive hourly rates beyond typical restaurant wages. With no front and back-of-house distinction, constant cross-training creates seamless lateral movement within the restaurant, keeping things interesting and fresh!
Benefits offered at 30+ hours per week, after an initial probationary period.
Tasting Counter is looking for a diamond in the rough… does this sound like you? We are searching for a unique individual to help maintain and develop systems which manage our service team and beverage program. This is an administrative / managerial position who also oversees beverage service during lunch and/or dinner. This is an innovative, hospitality-focused role which is truly multifaceted. We are a small restaurant searching for an enthusiastic person to fulfill a full-time position, focusing on all the little details which allows us to provide our guests with an amazing dining experience!
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Provides a support system for communication between chefs and managerial team.
- Assists managerial team with management of the kitchen team.
- Assists managerial team with maintaining/upholding hospitality and workplace standards with kitchen team.
- Direct communication with all guests and fulfills beverage service duties during lunch and/or dinner.
- Executes private events by following up on leads and special requests.
- Manages, organizes, and responds to guest email and phone inquiries.
- Helps managerial team with general administrative functions to ensure all details are adhered to.
As a growing company, we continually seek team members who are passionate about food and beverage, share our vision for innovation, and strive to provide guests with a remarkable dining experience. Flexibility is built into the restaurant to maximize the potential of all staff. With no front and back-of-house distinction, constant cross-training creates a seamless lateral movement within the restaurant, keeping things interesting and fresh. There is plenty of opportunity for upward mobility and the possibility to take on lead roles with our beverage program, brand management, and the overall future growth of the company.
The AGM position is part of the management team and is well-suited for an individual with vision and management experience who is interested in being a part of all Tasting Counter operations. Prior experience managing within a restaurant team setting is required. Top level professionalism and a genuine passion to work within a close knit team is paramount. This is NOT a traditional restaurant role, so the right candidate is someone eager to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment, who is also looking for something completely different, unique, and innovative!
In addition to lunch and dinner tasting menu experiences, Tasting Counter offers a line of lacto-fermented hot sauces, house-made vinegars, and seasonal preserves, handmade in small batches using carefully sourced ingredients. We are searching for a Farmer’s Market & Wholesale Coordinator to represent Tasting Counter at our local farmer’s markets and wholesale accounts! This job is ideal for a people person who is passionate about food and sustainability and is eager to learn about and share our products, values, and mission with our local community.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Load/unload coolers and farmer’s market equipment.
- Provide positive and friendly customer service, engaging in active sales techniques.
- Set up and break down farmer’s market booth.
- Handle cash and credit card transactions.
- Assist with the inventory process.
- Assist with deliveries to customers and wholesale accounts.
- Maintain clean, organized workspace and professional appearance at all times.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to learn about and adhere to Tasting Counter policies, procedures, and safety regulations.
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Passion for local food and farms (knowledge of fermentation and preservation a plus!).
- Develop new and maintain current relationships with local markets and farmers markets.
This is a part-time position with plenty of opportunities for upward mobility and growth for the right individual. Hours will average 20 - 30 hours per week, spread over 3 days. Weekend availability and a valid driver’s license is required. This is a physically demanding position that occasionally requires the ability to lift approximately 40-50 lbs. Having farmer’s market experience and a personal vehicle (reimbursed for miles/gas) that you are willing to use for work is preferred, but not required.
Fill the form to apply.