- While you are dining with us, we kindly request you wear your mask when you are not eating or drinking.
- We understand some of our guests may be visiting us from out of town. Please note that although mask restrictions may have been lifted in some states, Massachusetts still requires masks to be worn at all times except when actively eating or drinking. If you are joining us for lunch or dinner at Tasting Counter, you will be required to wear a mask at all times (except when eating or drinking).
- You agree to follow our social distancing and sanitation guidelines that have been put in place to protect you, our employees, and other guests. Our Health and Safety Ambassador will also assist guests during service to ensure our protocols are being followed.
- Coats and personal belongings will need to be kept with guests as there will be no coat check.
- You understand this is a communal dining experience and although we are taking precautions and ensuring adequate spacing between guests, if you have a weakened immune system or underlying health conditions, you are assuming a risk.
- You have not had ‘close contact’ with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19. “Close contact” means living in the same household as a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, caring for a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, being within 6 feet of a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 for 15 minutes or more, or coming in direct contact with secretions (e.g., sharing utensils, being coughed on) from a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, while that person was symptomatic.
- If you or anyone in your party exhibits any symptoms of, or have been exposed to COVID-19 within 2 weeks of dining with us, you will notify Tasting Counter as part of our response plan.
- You understand that your information may be provided to the MA Department of Public Health for the purposes of contact tracing.
- Any information required by the local city/county, state, or government office that is gathered, will be used for the sole purpose of contacting you if you were possibly exposed while in our restaurant. If you are contacted, we ask that you follow the CDC or local health authority’s suggested guidelines.
- We have implemented these changes to further minimize risk to our team and guests. Please be aware that failure to comply with our protocols may result in being asked to leave the restaurant without notice or refunds.
All sales are final. Tickets are non-refundable. Date and time changes are not permitted. However, it is possible to transfer your ticket(s) to another individual. The guest who originally purchased the ticket(s) must notify Tasting Counter of this transfer by emailing email@example.com or calling (617) 299-6362.
By purchasing your tickets, you agree to follow these terms and conditions while dining with us:
All-inclusive prepaid tickets and online guest profiles allow your dining experience to begin on our website. We are ready to cook for you from the moment you enter our restaurant. Then, at the conclusion of your meal, simply walk out the door. A dining ticket completely removes the financial transaction from the dining experience. Instead of reservations, all-inclusive tickets through our website are for set times, similar to going to a concert or show. Simply leave your wallet at home since there is nothing more to purchase!
Dinner seatings are timed events which begin at 5:30pm or 8pm, and end at 7:30pm or 10pm, respectively. We request guests arrive a few minutes before their ticket time in order to maximize the dining experience. Guests should plan their arrival ahead of time by reviewing our transit options, driving directions, and parking information. We make every effort to accommodate guests experiencing unforeseen circumstances, however, we are only able to serve the full menu if guests are less than 10 minutes late. In order to maintain the dining experience for all seated guests, anyone arriving over 10 minutes late will be served the course currently being prepared.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
- We will continue (as always) to exercise safe sanitation practices with all team members certified in safe food handling protocols and a manager on every shift.
- Our staff have been trained on up-to-date safety information and precautions including hygiene and other health measures aimed at reducing disease transmission, including: Social distancing, hand-washing, and requirement and proper use of face coverings, Modifying practices for serving in order to minimize time spent within 6 feet of customers, Health screening upon arrival to work, Reinforcing that staff may not come to work if sick, When to seek medical attention if symptoms become severe, Which underlying health conditions may make individuals more susceptible to contracting and suffering from a severe case of the virus
- There will be a 30 minute buffer between dinner services to minimize congestion points for our guests.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available to all guests and employees.
- We will clean and sanitize common areas and high touch surfaces regularly during service.
- Before, between, and after each service, we will clean and sanitize the dining and kitchen areas.
- All tableware and glassware is sanitized by our dish machine that runs at 190 Fahrenheit.
- We will have a health and safety ambassador on-site during every service who will be ensuring cleaning and sanitation protocols are followed by our guests.
- In the unfortunate event of an exposure risk, we will follow the state’s contact tracing guidelines.
- In the event of any state mandated closures related to COVID19, Tasting Counter will contact all guests with tickets scheduled during the closure period. Guests will be provided a promo code to reschedule their tickets for a future date. These promo codes do not expire and are transferable.
- Per our ticket policy, refunds will not be administered under any circumstances.
dietary restrictions & allergies
When purchasing your ticket, you have the opportunity to share any dietary restrictions. We are happy to accommodate nearly any diet, such as pescetarian (seafood only without any meat), vegetarian (includes eggs and dairy), and vegan (no animal products whatsoever).
We are also happy to accommodate all allergies, which simply need to be stated in your "dietary preferences" when signing up. Such allergies may include (but are not limited to) avoiding nuts, lactose, shellfish, finfish, and gluten. However, we may do gluten-free only if you have a sensitivity to gluten, since we work with flour in our kitchen and unfortunately cannot guarantee a menu for a guest with celiac disease.
Most importantly, we know you are dining with us because you are an adventurous diner who is open to anything we serve you, in accordance with your dietary specifications. You will also be requested to select your beverage pairing of wine, beer, sake, or handcrafted non-alcoholic drinks. Please note that we are unable to accommodate any last-minute beverage pairing changes.
Ticket prices are all-inclusive of the entire multi-course tasting menu, as well as all beverage pairings, service, and tax:
|Saturday – Sunday (3-course menu)||$95|
|Thursday – Sunday (9-course menu)||$275|
Tasting Counter will remain open unless the City of Somerville and/or the Commonwealth of Massachusetts declare a snow emergency. Otherwise, if you believe you cannot make the date and time of your ticket due to inclement weather, please contact us as soon as possible.